Conference focus and aims:
The Agenda 21 can be considered as a starting point in terms of pursuing a global model and global action plan of economic and social development. The importance of sustainable development was put on the agenda of many international organisations, not only the United Nations itself, but also governments from all over the world, business organisations, Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and also individuals. Since then, sustainable development is perceived as a collective responsibility rather than seen as someone else’s.
In its essence, sustainable development implies that all economic and technological progress must not jeopardize the survival of society as a whole and in particular put the environment at risk.
This remit puts an extraordinary pressure on innovation. It questions business as usual concerning, for instance, public affairs, corporate interests and human behaviours, in general. This will remain a continuous effort as new social and environmental challenges emerge.
Bearing in mind the importance of the contribution of innovation towards sustainability, the Universities Lusíada from Porto, Lisboa and Vila Nova de Famalicão promote a first conference on this subject, which is going to be held on 27th and 28th of September 2012, which is also coincides with the 20th anniversary of the Agenda 21.
All contributions are most welcomed!
The thematic scope of the conference encompasses a forward looking assessment of emerging theoretical, methodological and practical issues in to the areas of innovation and sustainability. Scholars and practitioners are invited to submit for consideration abstracts/papers related to the following topics:
1. Economics, Innovation and Sustainability;
2. Innovation, Management and Technology;
3. Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development and Tourism and;
4. e-business and Digital Network.
|Economics , Innovation and Sustainability||Development and Sustainability
Economics of sustainability
|Innovation , Management and Technology||Technology and innovation
Sustainability and consumption
Lean Thinking and Implementation
Design for Innovation and Marketing
|Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development and Tourism||Corporate Social Responsibility
Human Resource Development
|e-business and Digital Network||Communication
Innovation and organizational networks
e-business and e-commerce
Social Media and Networking
The IS 2012 Conference invites electronic submissions of abstract/papers, which should be sent in PDF Format. Abstracts should be resgistrated and Papers should be sent by email to: email@example.com
Authors may submit more than one abstract/paper, but only one can be accepted as first author.
This IS 2012 policy implies that an author can submit and present only one abstract/paper as first author. However this author can be co-author of other submitted abstract.
For multiple submissions:
• Submit one abstract/paper with you as a first author;
• Submit the other abstract/paper with you as named second/third etc., co-author.
Acceptance of an abstract/paper implies that at least one of the authors must attend the conference and present the paper.
The IS 2012 Conference invites electronic submissions of abstracts/papers , which should be sent in PDF Format no later than the:
• Extended submission Abstracts: Mars 31, 2012
• Abstract acceptance confirmed: April 15, 2012
• Closing day for submission of Final Papers: June 24, 2012
• Paper acceptance confirmed: July 15, 2012
FORMAT & PROCESS
- NO AUTHOR INFORMATION on any page of the abstract/paper, as abstract/papers will be double BLIND reviewed. If you submit a abstract/paper that contains any information identifying you or a co-author, the abstract/paper shall be removed from the system, and you will be invited to resubmit. It is YOUR responsibility to resubmit again.
- All abstracts are limited to 500 words maximum.
- All papers are limited to twelve pages maximum (everything included: the cover / title page, references and tables and figures). Any paper exceeding the specified limit will not be included in the review process.
- Abstracts/Papers must show a clear indication of the purpose of the research, research method, major results, conclusion, implications for practice and references.
- Authors should also indicate the track in which they would like to present their paper. Papers must be submitted for review in only one (1) track. While preparing your paper please make sure that you follow the guidelines for referencing set.
- Papers will be evaluated through a double blind-review process and authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection by July 15, 2012. Please make sure to read carefully the submission guidelines before
submitting your paper.
A full set of guidelines can be found on the conference website: www.ulusiada.pt/is2012 under ‘Paper Submissions’. Please make sure to read carefully the submission guidelines before submitting your paper.
Information on the Conference Theme, Tracks & Chairs, and any other interest information, can be found on the IS Conference website www.ulusiada.pt/is2012