Conference focus and aims:
The Agenda 21 can be considered as a starting point in terms of pursuing a global model and global action plan of economic and social development. The importance of sustainable development was put on the agenda of many international organisations, not only the United Nations itself, but also governments from all over the world, business organisations, Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and also individuals. Since then, sustainable development is perceived as a collective responsibility rather than seen as someone else’s.
In its essence, sustainable development implies that all economic and technological progress must not jeopardize the survival of society as a whole and in particular put the environment at risk.
This remit puts an extraordinary pressure on innovation. It questions business as usual concerning, for instance, public affairs, corporate interests and human behaviours, in general. This will remain a continuous effort as new social and environmental challenges emerge.
Bearing in mind the importance of the contribution of innovation towards sustainability, the Universities Lusíada from Porto, Lisboa and Vila Nova de Famalicão promote a second conference on this subject, which is going to be held on 10th and 11th of July 2014.
All contributions are most welcomed!
The thematic scope of the conference encompasses a forward looking assessment of emerging theoretical, methodological and practical issues in to the areas of innovation and sustainability. Scholars and practitioners are invited to submit for consideration papers related to the following topics:
- Best sustainable practices
- Business sustainability
- Corporate social responsibility
- Economics of sustainability
- Sustainable operations
- Sustainability and supply chain planning and management
- Sustainability and performance measurement
- Sustainable strategies
- Marketing and sustainability
- Innovation and sustainability
- Knowledge management and sustainability
- Reverse logistics and green supply chain applications
- Sustainable product development
- Sustainable consumption models
- Sustainability and technologies
The IS 2014 Conference invites electronic submissions of papers, which should be sent in PDF Format.
Authors may submit more than one paper, but only one can be accepted as first author.
This IS 2014 policy implies that an author can submit and present only one paper as first author. However this author can be co-author of other submitted papers.
For multiple submissions:
• Submit one paper with you as a first author;
• Submit the other paper with you as named second/third etc., co-author.
Acceptance of a paper implies that at least one of the authors must attend the conference and present the paper.
After the submission deadline, no revised versions of the papers will be accepted. The paper submitted is the final paper considered for the conference.
The IS 2014 Conference invites electronic submissions of papers, which should be sent in PDF Format no later than the:
- Closing day for submission of Papers: May 11, 2014
- Paper acceptance confirmed: June 01, 2014
FORMAT & PROCESS
- NO AUTHOR INFORMATION on any page of the paper, as papers will be double BLIND reviewed. If you submit a paper that contains any information identifying you or a co-author, the paper shall be removed from the system, and you will be invited to resubmit. It is YOUR responsibility to resubmit again.
- All abstracts are limited to 500 words maximum.
- All papers are limited to twelve pages maximum (everything included: the cover / title page, references and tables and figures). Any paper exceeding the specified limit will not be included in the review process.
- Abstracts must show a clear indication of the purpose of the research, research method, major results, conclusion, implications for practice and references.
- Papers will be evaluated through a double blind-review process and authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection by June 01, 2014.
Please make sure to read carefully the submission guidelines before submitting your paper.
Submissions should be done on-line on the IS 2012 conference Website ulusiada.pt/is2014.
A full set of guidelines can be found on the conference website: www.ulusiada.pt/is2014 under ‘Paper Submissions’. Please make sure to read carefully the submission guidelines before submitting your paper.
Information on the Conference Theme, Tracks & Chairs, and any other interest information, can be found on the IS Conference website www.ulusiada.pt/is2014: